The town is planning to submit an energy efficiency plan. The plan was discussed with the Board of Selectmen on 9/16/2014 and will be up for approval on 9/30/2014.
- Establishing an energy baseline for municipal buildings, streetlights and vehicles
- Performing Energy Audits on municipal buildings
- Implementing energy efficiency measures (e.g. town investments, utility rebates and incentives, grant programs and performance contracting)
- Changing behaviors: (e.g. energy conservation policies)
- Exploring renewable energy opportunities
- The committee is working with the Cape Light Compact, who has employed Rise Engineering to help the town develop a plan that will reduce energy consumption by the Town of Wellfleet by 20 percent over five years.